Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Hire
These are the conditions of hire of Orkney Community Transport Organisation, (hereinafter called “the company”). They form the basis of the contract under which the company agrees to hire its vehicles to the customer (hereinafter called “the hirer”).
- Breakdown and Delays – The company gives its advice on journey time in good faith. However, as a result of breakdown or traffic congestion, or other events beyond the reasonable control of the company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the hirer as a result.
- Liability for Injury – The company will not accept any liability for damage, injury or loss for any passenger standing up or walking around the vehicle whilst in motion.
- Supplying Coaches with Additional Seating Capacity – The company reserves the right to supply a larger coach than that ordered for any journey and in this event no additional charge shall be made to the hirer.
- Use of the Vehicle – The hirer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys, nor that it will remain at the destination of the hirer’s use unless this has been agreed with the company in advance.
- Payment Terms – A 10% deposit is required to secure a booking. Payment must be settled in full before the start of the hire.
- Passenger Capacity and Seat Belts – No passenger may be carried in excess of the seating capacity of the vehicle and passengers must wear the seat belts provided at all times.
- Driver’s hours regulations – The hours of operation for the driver are regulated by law and the hirer accepts the responsibility of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the Company. Neither the hirer nor any passenger shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to driving hours and duty time. If any breach is likely to occur, the hirer will be responsible for any additional costs incurred unless it is outside the control of the hirer.
- Conduct of Passengers – The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times and as such may remove any passenger whose behaviour prejudices safety. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by any passenger for the duration of the hire.
- Cancellation by The Hirer –
a. The company will charge 10% of total fare if hirer cancels within 3 working days of hire.
b. The company will charge full price to the hirer if the hire is cancelled within 24 hours.
- Consumption of Alcohol – The consumption and or carrying of alcohol on board the vehicles is forbidden unless permission has been obtained from the company. The hirer will be charged £100 if any passenger is sick due to consumption of alcohol.
- Additional Charges – The company reserve the right to impose additional charges on the hirer following completion of the hire if the passengers have left the vehicle in a unreasonably untidy condition or incurred damage or having required additional time or mileage which was not included for in the original booking.
- No smoking policy – Hirers should note that this company operates a policy of no smoking on all company vehicles. This policy will be strictly enforced. Would hirers please bring this condition to the attention of all passengers intending to travel on the coach.
- Passengers’ Property and Lost Property –
a. The company accepts any personal property of the hirer and their passengers on the understanding that it will take all reasonable steps to avoid loss or damage. The hirer should notify the company or the driver if items of exceptional value are to be carried on the vehicle. It is the hirer’s responsibility to minimise risk of loss when property is left unattended.
b. The company will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of, personal property left in vehicles, howsoever caused.
- Acceptance of Our Quotation – Implies acceptance of the above conditions.